Baltimore, Maryland Commodity Manager – MRO/Indirect Materials (copied at 03/13/2023 10:37 AM)
Commodity Manager- Indirect Materials/MRO Location: Various
We are looking for a strong Commodity Manager- Indirect Materials/MRO to manage the sourcing related activities and processes for Non-production materials, MRO, Indirect Materials for made to order equipment manufacturing.
This is an onsite role in one of these areas. If you are located near one of the following locations, please reach out for more details: Greenville, SC Minneapolis, MN, Naperville, IL, Baltimore, MD, Clearwater FL, St. Louis MO, Green Bay, WI
Great opportunity for career.
In this role, reporting to the VP of Supply Chain, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the relationships with Suppliers, sustaining Supplier relationships and negotiating contracts
- Lead Sourcing strategies to support internal engineering and manufacturing teams
- Leverage global spend on similar items across all business units
- Ensure continuity of supply thru Supplier strategy
- Negotiate Long Term Contracts with emphasis on cost reduction
- Support new product launch, Supplier Transitions, and Engineering Change Management
- Improve key metrics including PPV and TCO, Supplier OTD for projects and Production, DPPM and supplier lead times
Ideal Candidates will have:
- 4 year degree required, MBA Preferred
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing in a manufacturing environment for Indirect Materials
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, cost reduction, process improvement
- Must have experience in working in a matrixed environment
- Professional Purchasing certification a plus
- Detail oriented with exceptional organization skills
- Lean or 6-Sigma knowledge and experience highly desired
- Leadership presence and ability to influence others thru positive interactions
If you are interested in discussing this position at a well-established, profitable, professional organization, then please reach out immediately. Please submit resumes directly to email below.