North Charleston, South Carolina Controller
Location: Charleston, SC
Pay: 120K – 150K
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Use data analysis to strategically forecast financial trends.
- Provide strategic financial planning advice to upper management for long-term growth
- Monitors company’s expenditures and works to reduce costs.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by ensuring that excess cash is invested in accordance with company investment policy.
- Provides status of the financial condition of the company by collecting, analyzing, and reporting accurate and timely financial data to management on a monthly basis and quarterly to the board of directors.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal and regulatory requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports.
- Coordinates the communications and execution of annual financial audits with outside audit firms.
- Oversees company-wide budgetary planning process and monitors budgets on a monthly basis.
- Leads, directs, and develops Accounting/Finance team effectively.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting the Accounting department in order to increase innovation and efficiency.
- Assists in the development and execution of company strategy and goals by being an active member of the company’s strategic planning team
- Collaborates with other department leaders to implement company goals and objectives by providing financial analysis and guidance.
- Other duties as directed by management.
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business management, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior finance position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and other business software