Pleasant Hill, California CPO for Pleasant Hill, CA
Would you like to work and play in the Golden State in sunny California? Are you driven by integrity, self-motivated, a quick thinker, and a team player? In that case, you should be on our client’s fast-paced team. This practice has three locations and central fabrication providing all levels of orthotic and prosthetic patient care services.
Help a growing team in three Northern California communities. This organization is a thriving orthotic and prosthetic company with many specialties in Prosthetics, Scoliosis, Spina bifida, Pediatric care, Stroke, and Trauma patients. With their growth, the opportunity has opened to bring on an outstanding new team player. With their innovation and market share growth, they need to hire a certified CPO, CO, and Cped. This position will have many exciting responsibilities, but “their first priority is Patient Care”!
The appropriate candidate will operate in a multi-office environment 30 minutes from each other while providing excellent clinical and communication skills. This position requires completion of an ABC or BOC-accredited program. Experience with Pediatric Orthotics, Prosthetics, Trauma, and Spina Bifida is a plus, as well as CAD/CAM and OPIE.
Tasks for this position include Patient exams, formulating device recommendations, Hospital call responsibilities, delivery, adjustments, and modifications of O&P devices for patients, and instructing patients on appliance use and maintenance. In addition, the candidate will participate in orthotic clinics and in continuing education for accounts and self-improvement.
We offer a competitive salary/benefit structure to commensurable with experience; it includes car, health, vacation, continuing education, and 401K. Also, a hiring bonus for that right Team Player!
Patient Care Responsibilities
- Examine, interview, and measure patients and “listen to their needs” to develop a care plan.
- Fit, test, and evaluate the device on patients and adjust for proper fit, function, and comfort, for the best outcome
- Spend extra time to Instruct patients in the use and care of orthosis, more time upfront fewer refits.
- Design orthopedic devices based on physicians’ prescriptions, examination, measurement of patients. and what your patients’ goals are.
- Maintain patients’ records under ABC and CMS standards, in OPIE
- Bench alignment, and finishing work
- Select materials and components to be used, based on device design and fee schedule
- Transparent communication with physicians to formulate specifications of prescriptions for orthopedic devices.
- Follow up with referral sources on any technical aspect of the device and patient
- Repair, rebuild, and modify orthopedic appliances.
- Construct and fabricate appliances or supervise others who are constructing the appliances.
- Update skills and knowledge by attending conferences and seminars.
- Present their company story and specialties to the healthcare community.
- Help to manage inventory of material and keep facilities in order