Knoxville, Tennessee Director of Supply Chain
Director of Materials Management Knoxville, TN Area
Reports to: VP Operations
Job Status: Salaried/Full Time Permanent
Location Profile: Home Office / Knoxville, TN
Director of Materials Management Materials/Supply Chain Knoxville TN Area
We are looking for an experienced Supply Chain/Materials Director to develop a strategic materials management plan and drive operational excellence in the Supply Chain Group. Will be responsible for all activities related to materials management, planning, inventory control, overseeing tactical & strategic purchasing, vendor management, cost and process management for all supply locations.
The Director of Materials Management will be responsible for rollout of ERP systems to locations and ensure ERP tools and technology are fully utilized.
This position reports to the VP of Operations at the corporate office.
- Establishing proper policies and procedures for materials management and are being followed
- Will lead, develop and manage the materials department
- Install Best In Class materials management program and collaborate with facility and corporate leadership team
- Manage materials shortages and backorders while managing inventory turns and obsolescence
- Manage domestic and international suppliers with focus on vendor pricing and quality standards
- Ensure proper rollout of ERP system and tools to facilities and ensure personnel are properly trained on usage.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience with successful implementation of an ERP system to multi-site locations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related
- 10 plus years leadership experience in Supply Chain/Materials Management
- Hands on experience and strong understanding of ORACLE or similar ERP system
- Demonstrated history of leading a multi-site ERP implementation
- History of leading a multi-facility team that has delivered Best In Class results
- Strong negotiating skills, vendor and contract management experience
- Ability to travel approximately 40% domestically or as required
If you are interested in discussing this position at a well-established, profitable, professional organization, then please reach out immediately. Please submit resumes directly to email below.