Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Licensed/Certified Orthotist in Oklahoma City, OK
We are currently looking for a Licensed and/or Certified Orthotist in Oklahoma City, OK. This is a fast-paced environment where every day you can make a difference in people’s lives. They provide personalized care to patients with limb or spine disabilities by making, fitting, and preparing custom and prefabricated orthotics.
In this role, you will:
- Manages patient care: Ensures timely delivery of products and services to assigned patients, including accurate coding for claims and knowledge of Medicare rules and policies.
- Designs treatment plans: Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to develop patient-specific treatment plans and specifications for braces.
- Assesses patient needs: Evaluates patients’ functional loss and needs related to their condition.
- Fabricates and fits orthotics: Designs and manufactures orthoses, selects materials, makes measurements and modifications, and performs fittings.
- Evaluates and adjusts orthotics: Ensures that orthotics fit and function properly by making adjustments as needed.
- Educates patients: Instructs patients on how to use and care for their orthotics.
- Maintains patient records: Documents patient care and progress.
- Collaborates with team members: Works as part of a team within the department and with other healthcare professionals as needed to provide accurate clinical documentation and billing and coding support.
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Certified by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics required by Certified by the Board of Certification of Orthotics required
- Certified in Prosthetics & Pedorthotics desired
- State licensing
- Required National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education (NCOPE) accredited residency program and certification by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthotics (ABC).
Contact Senior Recruiter Hailey Morris for more details: