Florence, South Carolina Pedorthist – Florence SC
Our client has proudly served the Lowcountry of South Carolina’s community with exceptional orthotic, prosthetic, and pediatric care for more than three decades. They put emphasis on their unwavering commitment to excellence and innovation, both in team members and their cutting-edge products and services. Their organizational culture thrives on the contributions of exceptional individuals who have the opportunity to flourish in a dynamic field, enhance access to care, and, above all, deliver unparalleled patient experiences.
We are currently seeking a Certified Pedorthist in Florence, SC. In this role, the candidate will independently provide pedorthic care within the confines of their ABC or BOC Scope of Practice, while also assisting Prosthetists/Orthotists as necessary. You will collaborate with a diverse group of healthcare professionals, fostering your expertise in the process.
- Conduct thorough patient assessments in accordance with ABC or BOC Scope of Practice guidelines.
- Create optimal orthotic solutions and comprehensive care plans based on patient requirements.
- Educate and guide patients and their families on orthotic matters.
- Continuously update knowledge in areas such as anatomy, musculoskeletal anatomy, medical terminology, safety protocols, and more.
- Manage diabetic footwear and foot orthotics appointments, including evaluation, fitting, delivery, and modifications.
- Maintain transparent and professional communication with patients, families, and the healthcare team.
- Document patient interactions to establish medical necessity and service justifications.
- Foster a positive work environment aligned with customer relation policies.
- Ensure patient information confidentiality, adhering to HIPAA regulations.
- Comply with federal, state, and company regulatory and compliance policies.
- Potentially cross-train as an Orthotic fitter.
- Perform additional assigned duties as needed.
- Current Certified Pedorthist (C.Ped) certification preferred.
- Preferred 3+ years of prior experience as a Certified Pedorthist, though all candidates will be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication, negotiation, and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational aptitude and meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency in communicating with patients, colleagues, and management.
Please send your resume to email@example.com for further consideration.
For more information, please contact:
Director of O&P Recruiting