North Carolina, North Carolina Process Engineer- Food Industry
Job Description: Production Engineer
We are seeking a skilled Production Engineer to play a key role in our manufacturing process. The primary responsibility of this position is to assess existing processes and manufacturing systems, identifying opportunities to reduce costs, enhance sustainability, and implement best practices. The Production Engineer will possess expertise in mechanical and chemical engineering, specializing in areas such as heating, cooling, and blending.
- Evaluate and optimize manufacturing processes to ensure cost-effectiveness and safety.
- Enhance production rates, efficiencies, yield, and cost control while maintaining reliable and secure manufacturing systems.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and process issues in a highly automated and integrated system.
- Design and integrate components for complex processing systems, adhering to Food & Drug Administration requirements.
- Interpret technical drawings, schematics, process flow diagrams, and computer-generated reports.
- Foster innovation by developing creative solutions to improve overall process capability and production volume while upholding quality standards.
- Provide technical support for all manufacturing activities and contribute to continuous quality improvement programs.
- Implement changes with a focus on long-term lean production techniques.
- Collaborate with vendors to develop cost-effective and efficient production processes.
- Ensure timely completion of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Chemical Engineering.
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing regulations, standards, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Competence in information and data monitoring, problem identification, analysis, judgment, and problem-solving.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a production facility, preferably in food, beverage, or chemical processing.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimal supervision required; capable of prioritizing work effectively.
- Proficient in reading, creating, and interpreting technical documentation.
- Physically able to handle tasks that involve standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds, and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and airborne particles.
- Comfortable working in a moderate noise environment, with hearing protection as needed.’
** This position isn’t open to C2C/ C2H and isn’t available for sponsorship. **