Lexington, Kentucky Senior Sourcing Category Manager- Mechanical Producs
Strategic Sourcing Category Manager Location: Lexington, KY AREA
We are looking for a strong Strategic Sourcing Category Manager for Mechanical Products to manage the sourcing category related activities and category management for approximately $250M spend related to the Mechanical Products category. This client is a multi-billion dollar manufacturing client.
This is an onsite role.
In this role, reporting to the Sr. Manager Strategic Sourcing, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the Global Sourcing Strategy, Supplier Relationship Management
- Lead Sourcing activities from Domestic and International Suppliers
- Developing and implementing category strategic sourcing strategies and driving cost reduction and value
- Develop risk mitigation plans and strategies
- Negotiate global and domestic contract while maintaining strong supplier relationships
- Manage and analyze cost drivers, new technology, changes in supply chain environment and align category strategy accordingly.
- Own the category while collaborating with Corporate Leadership, New Product Launch, other Sourcing Team members.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- 4 year degree, Engineering Degree Preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, Category Management
- Demonstrated experience developing 3-5 year category plans
- Must have strong strategic sourcing background and advanced negotiation skills
- Excellent relationship skills with suppliers and internal
- Engineering degree a plus
- Detail oriented with exceptional organization skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead cross functional teams
If you are interested in discussing this position at a well-established, profitable, professional organization, then please reach out immediately. Please submit resumes directly to email below.