United States, Senior Systems Programmer (AS400)
Senior Systems Programmer (AS400)
Location: Remote (CST/EST ONLY)
Pay Rate: 130K
Job Type: Direct Hire
The Senior Systems Programmer is responsible for performing advanced applications design, configuration/development, implementation, and support functions including application portfolio integration, workflow, data modeling and report development. This position is responsible for providing technical and analytical guidance to applications team members and interacting with the user community to improve business processing and user understanding of their applications software.
- Identifies, analyzes, designs, develops/configures software and systems applications (in-house developed and third-party) to ensure processes and functionality of the applications comply with the organizations requirements and development standards.
- Researches, plans, develops, tests, implements, and supports internal & external interfaces and workflows among existing and new application/data management portfolios and platforms to produce seamless integration and process flows.
- Investigates, analyzes, and makes recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades, and modifications
- Works with key internal stakeholders and external vendors to influence the direction of third-party applications.
- Implements periodic maintenance releases of applications, interfaces, work/flows, data models, and reports including enhancements, redesign, and defect correction.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to applications team members.
- Provide production support for the applications portfolio(s) and associated integration, workflows, data models, and reports.
- Consult with the user community to improve software applications effectiveness.
- Develop/maintain documentation for application portfolio, interface and workflow, data model, and report support.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- ≥ 7years of experience administering and maintaining z/OS and/or AS400 systems software
- Experience with z/OS, Linux, AS400, DB2, CICS, WebSphere MQ, Top Secret, and/or WebSphere Application Server
- Experience with disaster recovery implementations on z/OS
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Will be required to participate in 24×7 on-call rotation